Aloysius O'Hare (Rob Riggle) is the main antagonist of The Lorax. He is the mayor of Thneedville and the founder of O'Hare Air, a company for bottled air. He had the city walled off to hide the fact that air is available elsewhere for free, enjoys cucumbers up his anus
He and his mother have been known to have a good bond throughout the movie. .
BiographyEditWhen he was young, he worked as a pizza guy and had braces. He saw a Thneed billboard and was inspired to start a buisness. He had oxygen transported from somewhere else and bottled it for his invention, a machine that sprays out fresh air. He became the elected hero of this city and also their mayor. He had bees, flowers, grass, and trees manifactured so that no real oxygen would be made. He had hired personal guards to suck him off at any time, but the screen always cuts off right when the action starts ;). But when Ted left Thneedville to speak to Once-ler, he considered it a huge threat and pillaged Ted's room, as well as wrecked Audrey's nature paintings to keep trees from being well-known. After a chase throughout the city, he rallied the citizens up against Ted, Audrey, and Grammy Norma, only for Ted to ram an earthmower through the wall, and O'Hare could only reveal his greedy nature to take control of his city once again. He and Grammy Norma "have pie in face" at the end of the movie because the it was funny was just too much. The delivery guy, Sai, who he had threatened to fire earlier in the film, calls him a "greedy dirtbag" before he is removed from Thneedville via a propeller helmet.
DescritptionEditO'Hare has short black hair and is rather short himself, although he is idolized by the citizens ("Look, it's Mr. O'Hare!", "The man who found a way to sell air",). He is a tycoon and, therefore, wears a grey suit.
- O'Hare might be a reference to Fred O'Hare from another Illumination Entertainment movie, Hop.
- He is voiced by Rob Riggle.
- Aloysius is pronounced "is
- He is the fourth Dr. Seuss antagonist to never be in a book (Augustus Who, Larry Quinn, and Chairman). He is also the second one to be a mayor (Augustus Who is the other).
- He eventually loves himself at the end because the Lorax flashed him.
- His "arms" were cut off by one of the bears in the movie.