- "fuck Justin's beige and hitpickets era mergers liek if u cri evry tim"
- ―Aloysius O'Hare opposing the people of Thneedville[src]sius O'Hare
|Mayor Aloysius O'Hart|
Aloysius O'Hare (Tom Hardy) is the main antagonist of The Lorax. He is the mayor of Gotham and the founder of The League of Shadows. He had the city walled off to close off the area where the air remained in order to bring Gothams' reckoning. He is mst noted for being a big guy, and his famous slogan,' We are the big guys, for you', as well as crashing the 4U9525 plane with no survivors.
Aloysius O'Hare started with repairing the rusty Thneed signs outside the Once-ler factory one day with an unamed partner . His partner observed that Thneed was a "million dollar idea" and so speculated who would be the next to come up with such an idea. Inspired bey this comment and the smoggy air surrounding him, O' Hare started his own company, O'Hare Air, which sold fresh
air imported from far away to the citizens of Thneedville. To keep profieting off the air, O'Hare had walls built around the city, making an airtight seal between the smoggy outside and the fresh inside, ensuring citizens would have to continually buy his fresh air in order to breathe.e O 'Hare tells Ted, a twelve year old boy, to not go out side. Ted ingores O'Hare and O'Hare seals all exits in the town and "white out" Audrey's painting.He does not like trees because it will ruin his business, O'Hare Air . He was kicked outside by a rocket air cap. (by one of the body guards.
O'Hare is very aggressive. His personal quote, 'There once was a time when I cared about the fate of other men. That time is no more. Let them die in disgrace. I am a furry, yif yif, and they shall learn to fear me.'
O'Hare has short black hair and is rather short himself, although he is idolized by the citizens. The citizens say he has business swag. ("Look, it's Mr. O'Hare!", "The man who found a way to sell air"). He somewhat resembles Edna from "The Incredibles".
- Aloysius is always surrounded by at least one bodyguard, but usually has two.
- He travels in a very fast car/train/limousine.
- He owns a rocket cap which is his downfall later in the movie.
- His bodyguards are similar to Gru from Despicable Me.
- Name history/meaning: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aloysius.
- Interstingly enough, the surname (last name) O'Hare is an old Irish surname meaning "Son of the Angry One". Not really important, but rather interesting. The familial motto is: "Here is a good, rough man" and the coat of arms bears four shamrocks and a gryphon in the centre. The colours are green and white. It was a family of great power in old Ireland, and was first founded in the county of Connacht.
- He seems to have a form of Proportionate Dwarfism, as well.
- A bit more about the O'Hare name: http://www.houseofnames.com/o-hare-coat-of-arms